Recipe: Delicious Coffee Chiffon Cake

Easiest Way to Make Perfect Gumbo!!! Minus celery because I'm allergic :)

Gumbo!!! Minus celery because I'm allergic :). I'm from the South and my family always makes gumbo without tomatoes. I was looking for a different recipe and am glad I found this one. A note about making a roux - stop working so hard!

Gumbo!!! Minus celery  because I'm  allergic  :) Make sure you have a large slotted spoon handy (or tongs) to fish the fries out of the oil with. Remove from oven, brush with butter, place on cooling rack. So here goes: my version of gumbo. You can cook Gumbo!!! Minus celery because I'm allergic :) using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.

Ingredients of Gumbo!!! Minus celery because I'm allergic :)

  1. It's of Roux (= parts flour & oil cooked over medium heat until dark brown STIR CONSTANTLY!!!) make extra and keep it in the fridge! +/- 3/4 cup depending on how thick you want it..
  2. Prepare of sausage (Cajun or other) cut into bite size pieces.
  3. You need of pork or chicken cut into bite size pieces.
  4. It's of Cajun seasoning to taste.
  5. It's of garlic powder (+/-).
  6. You need of large onion cut into bite sized pieces or smaller.
  7. It's of green bell peppers cut into bite sized pieces.
  8. Prepare of chicken broth or water.
  9. Prepare of rice (white or brown) prepared. (=6 cups cooked).
  10. It's of *optional* serve with saltine crackers.
  11. Prepare of this is great with potatoe salad! on the side or in it.

My whole family liked it, but I think the spirit of gumbo calls for you to create your own version, so feel free to mess with my recipe at will! I couldn't tell you the first time I made this with my mom because I've had my hands in it since I could walk. In addition to shrimp and crab, this Seafood Gumbo is also flavored with the Holy Trinity- (onions, bell pepper, and celery), lots of garlic, a bottle of beer, thyme, bay leaves, Worcestershire sauce, and lots of Cajun seasoning. I have a legitimate complaint, do not have access to the Internet because I'm a senior and am having to ask my daughter to log a complaint because there is no venue for me to do so.

Gumbo!!! Minus celery because I'm allergic :) instructions

  1. Roux should be DARK! STIR STIR STIR!!!.
  2. *over medium high heat.* Add pork or chicken and sausage to large heated pot. Season with Cajun seasoning and garlic cook until it is slightly browned..
  3. When meat is browned, add onion and bell pepper..
  4. Stir pot to mix ingredients, cook approximately 10 minutes to cook onion and bell pepper..
  5. Add Roux and stir.
  6. After roux is incorporated add liquid (chicken broth /water) making sure other ingredients are covered..
  7. Turn heat down to medium low and simmer for 2+ hours adding water if it gets too dry. Stir occasionally...it shouldn't stick to the pot unless the heat is too high. TASTE TEST!! Does it need salt? Add some! More garlic? Add some! This is YOUR Gumbo add whatever you think it needs 😊.
  8. Prepare rice according to package directions. Place 1 cup rice in a bowl cover with gumbo to serve..

I should not be charged to give my opinion on the quality of the Campbell's Soup at Campbell's nor should I have had to waste my money on the bad-tasting soup. There are many recipes already available online for Crawfish Gumbo, so my goal was to write a definitive guide. I've made gumbo quite a few times in the past, so I have a few tips to share. If you have a shellfish allergy, you'll need to be extremely careful when dining out. You may want to avoid seafood restaurants entirely since people with severe shellfish allergies have had allergic reactions simply from breathing in particles of allergens from shellfish that is being steamed, fried, or boiled.

Comments